Monday, July 10, 2006

Cyberjaya..... here I come!

Alhamdulillah, at last I got the offer letter I have been waiting for. Eventhough I didn't get the salary I asked for, but considering other benefits offered, I think this new company, has a good plan/package for the employees.

My team lead was shocked and sad when I break him the news. But he said, he respect my decision, as I need to think of my life, family and future.

This is the most difficult career choice I have made so far. When I resign form the previous job, I was overjoyed, cause I HATED it there.
Now is different story altogether. I really like it here, and I was just promoted last month to assistant Team Lead. I am really comfortable here (am in comfort zone now, more reason to leave?)
Very sad to leave, really, I meant what I wrote in the resignation I tendered (even it was a template I downloaded from net).

The job I am going to is really technical, I am going as DTS (deep technical support) as Netbackup Administrator, my job scope is really getting deeeepppppp.

In old company, I did EVERYTHING, yes including the dreaded setting up projector (to Gud Guy), here, I am more specialized, in Windows/Exchange/Backup Administration.
New company, I am specializing in Backup alone. Look like I am heading somewhere, though backup is not my cup of cake, but people force me to eat it, I will, gladly.

So, I can only Tawakal that I am choosing the right path. It is a whole new environment. Hope I can adjust my self there and I am hoping that there is a career growth there.

I have to do this to stabilize my financial, I have not much choice.

I asked a friend of mine, would you leave the current position (as lead) and accept new offer with more pay, but just an normal engineer?
He said most probably not, MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING.

It is funny, If you asked a guy with money, he will say money isn't everything, and if you ask a guy struggling in life financially, he will say, MONEY IS EVERYTHING.
I guess this varies on which side of the line we are standing.

I just don't wanna think about this stuffs anymore, I am just doing what I think right at this moment of my life, for me and my family, the rest I leave to God.

No comments: