Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Saman

DAY 1
I thought I was quick to put on my seat belt when I saw the road block, but the police saw what I did, damn!

He pulled me over, said "Saya saman encik atas kesalahan tidak memakai tali pinggang keledar." I said 'ok'. What else can I say? beg? offer coffee money?

Once reach home I read the saman, "What?!! need to go to court and all?" I panicked already. I started to imagine me attneding court, standing infornt of the judges, lawyers and all. The usual court drama.
Then below that I read, "or you can pay the compound at bla bla" Phewww... what a relief!!!!

DAY 2
Then I asked around and people starting to scare me that this is major offence and I need to pay RM300!!!, OMG! That is I am pokai this month, with car repair, security guard payment , all coming at the same time.

DAY 3
Whats is done is done, I might as well face the music. Looked for Police station in Shah Alam, I lived here like 3 years and I dont even know where the police station is! (it is same row as TM, Tenaga and KWSP building)

I approached the counter with RM300 in my wallet, this is like just throwing money down the toilet, all my fault! As the cute police lady at the counter, handing her my saman, "Saman ni boleh buat rayuan ke Cik"
She said "Saman ni meman otomatik ada diskaun sebab encik bayar dalam 7 hari, harga biasa RM80, harga diskaun RM40" I was overjoyed, but didnt show it in my face. I paid the money looking really annoyed and left the police station with joy.

And nowadays when I get in to the car, first think I do is put on my seat belt even I was just parking the car.

Another lesson learned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jarang sekali sy pakai safety belt, alhamdullilah so far blom kena saman.

Pernah kena herdik sebab parking belakang pertama complex sekejap jer ... but i say " jgn bising2, kalau nak saman, saman jer . sy terima". dia macam tak dengar, bising2 pas tu blah.

Digitalite said...

hmmm bukan tuh ke tujuan saman? so you'll learn something. look at it this way, the policeman saved your life.

anon, i believe the right word would be "jarang sekali sy pakai safety belt, alhamdullilah so far blom eksiden yang teruk"

i dont mean to be orang yang baik, tapi, seatbelt is the least that we can do to be responsible pada diri sendiri.