Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Greatest Sci-Fi of ALL TIME!

It seldom you find what you looking for, especially when you are entering used goods store.

There is this one second hand shop in Bangi, which sells almost anything. I entered the store with ONE thing in mind, and was immediately headed to the second hand books section. There were hundreds of books, arranged in shelf, randomly. If you have anything in your mind and looking for a particular book, finding that book would need divine intervention.

So as I was picking up each book on the shelf, there is was staring right into my face. It was not even arranged with other books, it was as though someone has taken it out from the arrangement and placed it right before my eyes!
                                       THE GREAT DUNE TRILOGY by FRANK HERBERT

The actual price was RM80++  which displayed at the back. The book looked brand new, like never been read before, and the cherry on top was, the price, it was RM18! a miracle indeed!

I am a very slow reader, the last book I read was Lord of the Ring, which I manage to finish before they showed The Return of the King in cinema. It took me months! I can't remember any other significant book I read since.

I am so thrilled about this. I have watched the movie and the mini series. This trilogy is  about 1000 pages, I am reading it very slowly now, I will review it perhaps a year from now. :)

2 comments:

pizli.mw said...

Bangi kat mana bang?

Guzz said...

Bandar Baru Bangi, yg sama row ngan Brothers tu.