Wednesday, May 18, 2005

It is official.... I am OLD!

When I was small kid, I thought those who are 30 years old and above are really really old. I just turned 30 about 1 and half an hour ago. So far I am feeling fine, I don't feel old yet, things looking good I guess, but it just has been 1 hour and 3o min, too early to conclude anything.

But, from my 1 hour and 3o min experience as an 30 years OLD guy, I can assume that things are going fine, nothing to be alarmed or to be nervous, I just have to accept the fact that I am 30 years older and wiser (as my darling wife advised).

So I am sitting down here trying to plan out how I should conduct myself as an 30 years old. I am childish, I admit that without shame, my nephews and nieces feel comfortable with me that they take me as their friend because I could totally relate to them. I am totally comfortable the way I am now. I might act childish sometimes, but I am much more better now, at least I think I am matured in my mind even though I don't look it.

So... How an 30 years old should act? anyone?

2 comments:

Klite said...

how to act when 30 years old
like a liberated kid
you have the maturity experience, confidence and wisdom of your years combined with your relative youth
the thirties in some places can be one of the most the stressful part of our lives (commitements - kids , mortage etc), but otherwise they allow you to do things you wouldn't dream of doing when younger. things that may require courage and confidence tha t youthful ignorance wouldn't have.
it will go on for a decade - after that i dont know, i havent found yet my forty come next year. recent reports on the BBC website have suggested that forty which was once regarded as middle age has changed as an extension to youthfull period.
thank for the china comments, it was cheap china anyway. a sign appeared last week on the shelf saying "delicate - seek staff assitance" so maybe someone has had some thoughts about this.
klite

whitewitch said...

Hey,

Happy belated birthday. Sorry for the late wish. I am swarmed with work that I dont have time to visit your blog, let alone mine. Ehehe...

Anyway, my birthday also falls on this month. Tak sangka ye, our birthday dlm bulan yang sama. Are you Gemini as well?

Dont let your age determines how you should act. I believe everyone should be themselves. Dont start to be someone else just because you have reached another decade of your life. Be happy! The most important thing is to enjoy every second of your life!