Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Surprise Phone Call

Yesterday while I was in office, I received a surprising phone call, from an old old friend. Orhan, he is an Albanian, we studied together in UIA. anyway, I was puzzled, because right after he called me, he start talking about McAfee licensing issues and and how to purchased the upgrades, no "Hi", no "how are you?" no "long time no see old friend...". Although I was so puzzled and clueless why he asking me all this, I tried my best and answered his questions patiently. Then suddenly he paused...for a long time. Then he asked "Are you Guzz from UIA?", "Yeah" I said. Then he started to laugh, after he managed to calm down he explained that he is supposes to call one of his vendor/supplier who has the same name like mine.
Anyway we chatted for about half an hour, talk about old times and what we are up to now. It felt good, talking to a old friend.
But I wonder, why that we are too busy with our career and current affairs that we hardly have time to call old friends just to keep in touch, that we need 'accidential' phone call like to actually catch up with an old friend?

This simple unexpected event makes me realise how precious our old friends are, they are like time machine, talking to them is like travelling back in time...

This makes me wonder......... Maybe I myself might try out this accidential phone call in the future.....

So guys..please be prepared to receive mysterious calls!

No comments: