Saturday, January 21, 2006

Paal Katchran

We have successfully performed the paal katchran (paal=milk, katchran=cook) It is our culture to do this first before moving in to new house, before moving in any furniture to the house. Followed by doa selamat. We had that on 21st Jan 06. Reached new house before subuh, prayed subuh there and followes by reciting yasin and doa selamat. The imam later azan in the house twice, upstairs and downstairs.
I didn't know it would be big hoo haaa just to move in. I thought it would be simple only. Only my family and my in laws family were there. This is not a house warming. That one I have no idea when to do, even now I am way over the budget to do anything else.
Planning to move in during long weeken during Chinese New Year next week, and gonna spend the first night in the new house on Awal Muharam eve. It is a good date.
Hope things goes well.

I think I'll never ever do curtain with aunty Nadirah again, what a cut throat price! Better do in Tee Wah or normal shop.

Ok Chow.......................................

No comments: