Thursday, February 26, 2009

Maid, maid and another maid.

Yes, all 3 of them! When they all meet it will be like celebration of some sort.

One in my mother in law house, another in my sister in law house and one of my mine. When we all gather in my mother in law house, it will be gathering for them as well. And when I went to my mum house, it is the same story as well.

But honestly I had enough of these maid business. The bad outweigh the good hands down. Getting a really good maid is like winning lottery, it is all luck and it very rare, it only happen to a friend of a friend of a friend, it sounds almost like urban legend.

If I have a choice, I would like to do away with this maid business, but I have no choice since me and my wife are working. It become a necessity to almost every working couple. Nothing can be done about that.

Sometime you feel so irritated with their stubbornness that you feel like wanna shout, but I remain calm, since they are looking after the kids and cook for us. We don't wanna make them mad, I tried to talk nicely, normally, certain maids listens, certain just ignore and goes on their business as if it is their own house! Having a maid will really test your human management skill. Seriously I don't like this maid thingy one bit.

Yes it is nice when you come home after work, the house is all clean, clothed washed and folded and sometime even dinner is ready, but at some time I feel like I am loosing connection with my own house. Last time we use to do everything in the house, we know where things a put. But now, I had to ask the maid about stuff, she knows more than I do. Sigh....

And, this doesn't include bureaucracy nonsense and if you got a agent form hell only care for money. Last month alone I have made countless journey to Putrajaya Immigration to renew permits for these maids countless time till the counter lady recognizes me.

I guess I will endure this for for more years, till my wife can be a full time housewife.... (if I could earn enough to support that is.....)

2 comments:

Digitalite said...

Owww shoot Guzz. I was just thinking of whether or not to go through this dilemma. On one hand we need them, on the other hand, some of them are just nuisance.

I have an officemate yg cerita pasal maid dia yang degil dan kurang ajar which she can do nothing about sebab the maid is the one that took care of the children. I guess you cant be too nice with them.

Guzz said...

Yup can't live with them ,can't live without them