Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sleep? Deprieved...

They are people who will be in dreamland the moment their head touches the pillow, my wife for example. And there are people who will be tossing and turning for few hours before falling asleep, me, for instance.

There is really nothing I can do about this. I have tried everything I can think of. Cutting of caffeine, tire myself in gym before bed, or avoid certain food. Nothing works.

Since I had to life this problem, I need to improvise on the situation. Here is what I do:

  1. Imagine that I am in a spaceship that cruising smoothly in outer space. I normally will be USS Enterprise. I know I am such a geek, but this what I have been doing since hmmm my teenage years. It always help me sleeps. It seems that before Captain Picard is disturbed form his peaceful slumber, of an yet another attack of Klingons, he look so peacefully asleep.
  2. When I really could'nt sleep, I stopped looking at the time. It is more physcological than anything. If I keep on looking at the time and I realize that I only fall asleep at 4 am for instance, I will feel tired and week next week, because I know the fact that I only fall asleep at 4. But If i hadn't seen the time, I'd never know the time, I might have fallen asleep at 5 or maybe even 12. I will never know! So physologically I still fresh in the morning. Silly, I know.
  3. I think about the nicest thing that I did that day that I am proud off. It really helps. It doesn't have to be big, it can be really small stuffs and sometime even silly. It can be something you settle for good at work. Or somehing I did home, like DIY stuffs, or something cute my daughter did. Whatever keeps you in happy thoughts.
  4. If all doesn't work, well guys, at the end, you know what the best way to make you tired and sleepy ;)

3 comments:

Meow Mix said...

I let many things I heed flow in and out of my head for 2 or 3 days until there is no more reckoning, then I sleep for 12 hours like a coma, rinse and repeat

pizli.mw said...

Guzz, teknik lamala.. count the sheep.. Hahahah... Dulu aku pun macam tu tapi sekarang ni letak kepala je 5 minit lepas tu terus lelapla.. 5 minit tu latestla...

4. If all doesn't work, well guys, at the end, you know what the best way to make you tired and sleepy ;)

tambah satu lagi.. happy

Anonymous said...

u shld recite Quran , the syaitan will help u to sleep, even before u finish al-fathiha