Friday, January 29, 2010

Daaniya's Birthday: The Caterer and Logistics

Sometime we depend too much on the internet while planning something that we forgot the old fashion way of doing stuffs.

This is what happened to us. We try to look for caterer from net. Of course with all the beautiful pictures on their blog and the testimonies, you will be quite impressed. But when you call them up, most of the time they are fully booked or not interested for catering for the small crowd. Some will give you quoatation but will not entertain you after that, they don't even have the gut to say they are uanble to cater or something. I was so pissed off.

I panicked when one of the caterer canceled on last minute. I was determined to look for replacement caterer no matter what since the function is just a week away.

Then I dawned on me, why on earth I never asked the restaurants and shops around my house that I usually to cater? Isn't that would be much better? Since I know the food quality and the reputation?

So I went to 'Coffe Shop' in pusat Perniagaan Subang Permai, yes, that the shop name. Yes, they do cater for function, and oh yes, their food is excellent. It is settled then!! No hassle, no trouble, a caterer 5 minutes from home, can things get better? In fact, yes, it did get better, At first, I catered for 200 pax, then looking at the list, I chnaged it to 250pax, I ask Kak Minah, for another quotation, then she said, "takper la dik, Akak charge utk 200pax jer, 50 FOC". I was like whoaaa, thanks thanks!

On the of the function, everyone enjoyed the food and said it was delicious, even my parents, who normally very critical about food since they rather cook themselves for any function.






Highlight of the menu? The Aqiqah kabing GOLEK!

No comments: