Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Majlis Perbandaran Bentong

My hometown is changing. The town council use to be called MDB (Majlis Daerah Bentong) and now it is known as MPB (Majlis Perbandaran Bentong), effective 16th July 2005. The 'Upacara pengistiharaan was really grand. Text of the opening ceremony is available here What's the different? My sis said, the parking fees are higher, the Cukai Pintu also higher and the real estate value shoot up. Well I think the upgrade got something to do with population growth.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The new Majlis Perbandaran Bentong Town Council Building.


I heard Siti Nurhaliza suppose to show up to perform that night, but it seemed that the MPB was unable to afford her fee (after all she is from Pahang, no discount ar......) so Dayang Nurfaizah performed instead. I didn't go for the show. But I managed to view the magnificent firework from my parents’ house. It was beautiful. This was my first time watching live firework show..... I know... I am pathetic.

Talking about Bentong, recently I was forced by a friend to buy a book by her family friend, Ted Miles. 'A Tree to Remember' is a wonderful and refreshing book to read, but I guess it is even special if you are from Bentong. It is amazing to read about Bentong from a white guy point of view....wait a minute, it is interesting to read about Bentong from ANYONE'S point of view! I have learned so much of Bentong history form this simple book. I couldn't find much about this book from Google, I only found this.
It is felt sad that I need to find out about the history of my good old town from a foreigner. No local sees the simple beauty of our small quite mountain town.

No comments: