Monday, August 08, 2005

Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle

It has been awhile since I last update regarding my fitness regime. But, just because I don't write about it doesn't mean that I still don't follow my fitness regime. I followed the "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" program by Tom Venuto. Even the programmed title makes a lot of sense doesn't it? I think I mentioned all about it in my very first post. This is the only way to burn fat and keep it OFF forever and gain muscle at the same time. My wife on contrary belief that applying 'fat burner lotion' on target area will do trick. It does work, but only temporary. Nothing that I can say that that will makes her change her mind.

I started my gym membership in December 2004. These are the stats when I started:
Weight: 75KG.
Waist: 35"
Sadly, only these stats I'd recorded. I have however the 'before' picture, but noway I am gonna post ANYWHERE on earth!

These are my stats now:
Weight: 69KG
Waist: 32" ( I can fit into my jeans from my college time again! Yeahhaaaa)

I can see changes in my body now, it seems more defined, but not that defined, still needs a lot of improvements. But I am really really happy about my arms and shoulder. If last time I would not be caught dead wearing sleeveless, now I am kinda proud showing off my arms. Well I am happy, my wife is happy too, but no so happy if I wear sleeveless, she said she don't want other girls to look at me. Hahaha but I seldom wear sleeveless outside the house, only on my way home from gym. And she did buy me a 'muscle shirt' as a gift, I am just wondering on what occassion I should wear that shirt........

I am just hoping that I could be consistent about the number of the days I hit the gym. My target is at least 3 days a week (every alternate days, since I can do cardio home). But shift works makes it really difficult. But now at least I am hitting gym twice a week. On my rest days, I tried to work out in home.

In my opinion, if you are serious about keeping fit, there are 3 major factor that you need to take care. WEIGHT TRAINING, CARDIO and DIET. Exercise contributes about 40% and Diet contribute 60%. You can bust your ass 5 times per week in the gym, but if you don't look after you diet, you are wasting your time.

Talking about diet, I am on low carb diet. I tried to spread my meal evenly to 5-6 times a day. I make sure that I take more protein source compared to carb. And I only take complex carb like vegetables and oats and the like. I only eat rice on my 'cheat day' on weekends.

I can go on talking about proper diet and exercise technique, but I am no expert, I am afraid that I would post wrong things about work out, but all the things I written WORKS for me. Maybe I'll keep on posting about new tips on workouts and such in the future. My wife said maybe I should change my career to be a fitnes instructor, maybe I will one day AFTER I achieved my target which is single digit body fat percentage.

1 comment:

KY said...

your matrix thingy making my pc slow laaa