Wednesday, August 10, 2005

That was 6 years ago?!!!!!

10th August 1999. That was the day I actually confess my feeling to my wife. I remembered the day clearly as it was yesterday.

We were doing our Industrial Training (IT) then in Motorola KL (now known as Freescale). It was stormy rainy thunderous Tuesday. We all (my wife, Iza, emma and me) went out for lunch, and we something came up and Iza had to take half day and I send her straight home after lunch. 3 of us were late to office due to heavy rain.

We were sitting at our "Trainee Corner", a place by the window facing Federal Highway where we lepak when we have nothing to do (which were often the case, most of the time we would be counting the number cars passing by the fed hi-way).

It was about 3pm, only I and my wife were there at that time and we were talking and talking and talking, one topic lead to another and I gather enough courage to tell her what I felt towards here. I know there were no turning back. I was committed, even though she said she needed more time to think about it, but I knew, it was fate that we were doing the industrial training at the same place, I knew that I will marry thus girl one day. I just knew. She only said yes after 1 year and 20 days (on 30th August 2000). But again, I didn't matter for me (even her) as we knew we would end up together one day.

But that was 6 years ago! I really couldn't believe it when my wife reminded me about our little anniversary recently. 6 years?!!! My God, has it been that long ago? I still feel like it happened yesterday. Time sure flies.

Usually on every August 10th we will go out for dinner, but this year we had to cancel our plan due to haze. But is doesn't matter, we have dinner together all the time and it is always special.

P/S: I knew a couple who celebrate their special date EVERY month. That is just plain bulls%$&*. I wonder if they still do that?

1 comment:

whitewitch said...

Well... it's not wrong for people who have the time and energy to celebrate their love every month.. but maybe the occassion will not be as special as it should be if we keep celebrating it..

as for me.. I'll keep it to once per year.. anyway.. happy anniversary.. may your marriage lasts forever and blessed by Allah.. :)