Thursday, April 07, 2005

Dancing Queen..... Sweeeeeet!

I am a big...huge South Park Fan. I'll eagerly wait for each episodes to be available to be downloaded every week. And I'll watch it over and over it again. I'll even read the transcripts and the voice talents of each episodes.
Many regards SP as a vulgar show, but, I would say, it depend mainly on how you look at it. I think the show have tackled so many current issue, outspoken on most global issues.


For instance, there will be at least one "moral of the story'' at the end of the show.

Sometimes it would very intelligent such as:
"No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together. "
(When the South Parks parents took an extreme action by building a "Great Wall" around the town, to prevent Child Abduction. The wall, however destroyed by the Mongolians who appeared out of nowhere)
from episodes Episode 611 - Child Abduction is Not Funny.

Or it can be plain stupid, such as:
"Nobody should have the kind of power Barbara Streisand wanted!"
(When Barbara Streisand transformed herself into a giant monster and tried to take over the world)
from Episode 112 - Mecha Streisand.

Both are simple plain truth...nobody can argue with that ;)

What I really want to talk about today is WING, the latest episode from season 9.
I bet my life that nobody heard of Mrs Wing before. She migrated to New Zealand with her family about ten years ago from Hong Kong. She have been learning singing in New Zealand and doing performances in Rest Homes and Hospitals and occasionally promotional concerts.

Her songs are funny..... If you think William Hung is funny...well think again!
But unlike William Hung who tries to be funny, Mrs Wing really gives her all for all her album.... (yup, she cut 9 albums already!)
All of her songs are cover versions (of Beatles, Phantom of Opera..etc)

And ever since South Park dedicated an whole episode her, her popularity has grown so much that she is so busy trying to keep up with Radio and TV interviews, not only in New Zealand but in the US and Europe as well.

If you feel down and sad, and need cheering up, listen to her music, it will put smile back to your face.... I SWEAR!!!!

You can download the sample song from http://www.wingtunes.com/public/default.aspx

cd 1 - Les Miserables and Phantom of the Opera
listen-Phantom of the Opera

cd 2 - I Could Have Danced All Night
listen-I Could Have Danced All Night

cd 3 - The Sound of Music and the Prayer
listen-My Favourite Things
listen -Do-Re-Mi

cd 4 - Wing Sings the Carpenters
listen-Pokarekare Ana
listen-Don't cry for me Argentina

cd 5 - Wing Sings All Your Favourites
listen -I don't know how to love him
listen -Santa is coming to town

cd 6 - Everyone Sings Christmas Carols with Wing
listen -Joy to the world
listen -Castle on a Cloud

cd 8 - Beatles Classics by Wing
listen -I Want To Hold Your Hand

cd 9 - Dancing Queen by Wing
listen -Dancing Queen
listen -Fernando

Mrs Wing Posing for her latest Album... Dancing Queen.....

No comments: