Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Desperate Househusband


I am so bored and I got nothing to do. Thats what happened if you have too much of free time at hand. Since I am working shift, I have 3-4 off days per week. I used to do gardening on my free time, but seriously, how much gardening you can actually do? and some more the new maid is taking care of the garden better than I did, so basically now I am jobless at home.

Well, when you are bored, and at edge of loosing your sanity, it is good to do something nice and different. So I took up cooking. Since I started shift work, I have improved my culinary skill.




Jamie Oliver...my hero....hahahahh


These are few of my my specialties,
Baked potato with cream source
Grilled chicken with orangy creamy sourcy thingy or whatever you feel like naming it.
Fettuchini/spaghetti with garlic source
macaroni and Cheese.


Local dishes,
Mee goreng
Ayam Masak Kicap
Khailan/Sawi/any veggie ikan masin
Nasi goreng

(ignore the spelling mistake, I have no idea how to spell the food name correctly)

But I prefer the western dishes, it is easier to cook, less preparation needed and uses the least amount of kitchen utensils (is it?)

And ever since I joined the Gym , I have learned to cook healthy as well. I use least amount of oil, and I only use olive oil, since it is healthier. I Don't fry anything any more, it is all grilled (without oil).

At the moment, my favorite is Tuna sandwich. It is healthy, has right amount of carb and protein needed by body, and oh man, it is easy to make or what?!!!!!

Other than that, I also sometimes (very rarely though) clean the bedroom and redo the furniture, just to surprise my wife, most of the time she will be pleased with the result.

Hmm, can't wait to move in to the new house, there will be a lot of activity for me to do then on my off days.
I am definitely a DIY guy. I love crafts, carpentering, plumbing , hanging wallpaper, gardening, fixing mosquito net around windows, anything that needed to be done aroud the house.
My major client right now is my mother in law, my parents and my sisters.
My sisters will wait till go back on weekend to fix things up in their house. I am doing charity only now, no charges....so far. I have invested a lot in tools also. It is a good investment though, rather than paying handy man for their lousy job.

P/S: Desparate Hosewives is really a good show, and my wife became an instance fan, maybe she felt related to the characters? I don't know.

Ladies, want to know which house wife you are? Well take this quiz to find out !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW.......i'm really hoping that you can do it....free labour to do house renovation....good no need to take out $$$$$$$$$....hehehhe