Friday, July 08, 2005

Tuition

Finally, I got a student. I have been telling everyone since I started my shift work that I am going to teach tuition for kids on my off days. And now after 10 months only I got one.
Well I was not really looking for students seriously, that's the reason I guess, but this one was handed by one of my childhood friend who is a teacher. She was teaching this girl all this while, but due to the unforeseen circumstances, she was unable to continue to teach her.

This is home tuition, means that I have to travel to the student house (all the way to Kota Damansara), the pay is by hour, considered a good pay for a first time tutor (anyway, I used to be a temp teacher while waiting for Uni) I teach this UPSR student, twice a week (4 hrs).

Teaching tuition makes me realize how berkarat my BM has become! I was mostly cluless when it comes to simpulan and peribahasa. But when the student ask, I just ask her to refer to her reference book!

I am no Einstein, but I can teach!

No comments: