Monday, November 13, 2006

Wake up and smell the roses...

My parents went overseas for holiday for one whole month. My parents, my sisters, their kids all of them went! Only me and younger sis left behind, cause we were financially challenged (to be politically correct) at the moment and also we were unable to get leave for one whole month. But, my parents being outstation, leaving my dad's car in my house, that is this whole entry all about. So me and my wife have each on car now to go to work (at least for one month).

Before this we have to rush to work since my wife have to clock in by 8am and she need to reach at least 15 min before so that she can walk all the way to her dept. So basically we were rushing every morning. Because of this also, I will be among the first to arrive in my office at 8am! Since my work starts at 830 and it is flexible, nobody will be at the office at 8 am. Some stretch their arrival up to 930, but I always make sure to arrive before 9.

So now life is good. My wife left early, I wake up on my own sweet time, I know she hates me seeing me in my beauty slumber while she rushing dressing up, but I enjoy this moment as next month this luxury wont be here for me. I wake up, dress up, fix my self nice breakfast. I am a big breakfast guy. I believe that big bang breakfast is essential for everyone, it keep your entire day's mode in high spirit/energy. I can quietly sit down, have my coffee, and eat cereal, oats, eggs or sausage (depend on what is available in fridge) A newspaper would be nice, but darn, I don't subscribe to those.

Then, once outside, I will check put all my plants, squatting by the plants, zooming on freshly bloomed flowers, looking at those tiny butterflies flying around. Will water the plants if i find it too dry!
And sometimes the neighbors maids will pass by my house while walking with the babies, like today, the opposite house neighbor was walking with her grandchild, that cute girl was keep on waving at me, I took my own sweet time to smile and wave back, should have started a little conversation, maybe next time.

And after work, I can go to gym, that is enough for me to release a day worth of stress. Reach home to find the dinner is served nicely on the table. What else could I ask for? ( Gud Guy: I guess my arus perdana in a calmer stream now)

Such simple thing sounds like a fairytale isn't it? Happiness doesn't have to be living in a million dollar bungalow, fat bank account or owning hot wheels. It can be as simple as appreciating our every fine happy moments. So, you see, life isn't all that bad. if we are not rushing in life, slow down our pace, it is quite beautiful isn't it?



Slow Dance

Have you ever watched kids
on a merry-go-round
Or listened to the rain
slapping on the ground?

Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight
Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?

You better slow down
Don't dance so fast
Time is short
The music won't last

Do you run through each day on the fly
When you ask "How are you?"
do you hear the reply?

When the day is done,
do you lie in your bed
With the next hundred chores
running through your head?

You'd better slow down
Don't dance so fast
Time is short
The music won't last

Ever told your child,
We'll do it tomorrow
And in your haste, not see his sorrow?

Ever lost touch,
Let a good friendship die
'Cause you never had time
to call and say "Hi"?

You'd better slow down
Don't dance so fast
Time is short
The music won't last

When you run so fast to get somewhere
You miss half the fun of getting there.

When you worry and hurry through your day,
It is like an unopened gift....
Thrown away...

Life is not a race.
Do take it slower
Hear the music
Before the song is over.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean ... that personal precious time is one of the best moments a guy could ever have...

the thing is, you only appreciate this things in the morning... how morning sweet things in the morning that we missed, by having to rush for work ... :-(

Anonymous said...

* how many sweet things in the morning that we missed, just by having to rush for work ... :-(

Anonymous said...

* how many sweet things in the morning that we missed, just by having to rush for work ... :-(

Guzz said...

Gud Guy >> Ha ha, sampai 3 kali correctkan entry, maybe you need personal morning time as well! ;)