Friday, January 21, 2005

Hari Raya Haji

Wahhhhh........ huwaaaaaaaa.......... huwaaaaaaaa (crying...)

Why?

My wife left me to celebrate Raya Haji alone this year. She went to the family vacations to Sarawak and I am left here all alone. What to do... I can't take leave that long! It is ok, I'll try to make the best of it with my family.

Balik kampung alone this year. Since mak and bapak went to haji this year, it is only us, the children in the house. Kak Mar went to her in laws' kampung, so it is just Kak Jana&Fly, Saba&Fly, my uncle (mom's bro) and me. Kak Jana did all the cooking. She made idli and mutton curry for breakfast. Nasi tomato, rendang ayam for lunch. It was nice la..... but I still misses mom's cooking.......huwaaaaaa!!!!

That nite I tried to do BBQ, I made Whipped Potato (siap dengan chicken gravy sekali) I did cincai only, don't know what the recipe to do the gravy actually, but just bantai only. I put butter, added chicken cube and some flour with a bit of black pepper. It turned out ok, but a bit thick and too much.. Imagine the gravy and the potato was same amount. For the BBQ, I marinated the korban beef with BBQ sauce, then grilled it together with some sausages and the some bread. It turned out ok la, the beef was a bit liat, but it was not my fault, even when I was cutting it it was so liat (daging kerbau kot)!!!! I was so tired after that, since I did it alone, Shahril and Shafiqah helped too..helped to make mess!!!!! Saba made coleslaw, which was nice.

I was so tired after that, I went to bed at about 10. I have to go work next day, have to drive to Bukit Damansara all the way from Bentong. No big deal... done that all the time. For me it is just a stone throw away!

No comments: