Monday, January 03, 2005

Shafiqah First Day At School !!!

Today is 3rd January, first Monday of the January......which means that it is school opening day. This year Ajim will be entering year 1, he so excited. B-Boy still in Twinkle Kindergarten, Shahril will be in Year 3 (he is pengawas now) and Shafiqah who is 4 years old will be going to kindergarten for the first time.


She woke up as early as 630 am and start getting ready for school, she come knocking on my room door waking me up to show her uniform, it a baju kurung with pants and tudung (TASKI uniform) and salam me firste because she going to school for the first time.

Later I woke up and went downstairs at about 8.30 and she was still there, my sis who also a teacher was busy at school handling first timers, so being a caring uncle that I am, I drove her to school, she was excited to go to TASKI, but more interested in what kind of sweets and ice cream they will be selling there. (She is one chubby girl, I'll post here picture once I developed it, then you know what I am talking about!)

The teachers show the kids around the kindergarten, she was happy, later she waved at me smiling, signaling that I can go home. I went to the parking, took out my car and start to drive home, then there she was running out of school gate crying saying that she don't like the kindergarten and want to go home immediately, nothing I said could change her mind. I called my sister, she came, but still she don't want to stay, we tried many reverse physiology, but that seems to making her only happy to go back home.

We went home in disappointment. I was worried what her future going to be like. What kind of adult she going to grow up to be, all this things started to haunt my mind. Is it because I send her that she didn't want to go to school? Would things been different if it was her mother send her to school? My thinking is just too dramatic isn't it?

In simpler word.... I was worried.

Later that evening, she went to the same school with her brothers for kelas agama, she didn't cry, because her brothers were there, but she insisted that she would not go to the morning session.

Left with no choice, two days later, and my sister enrolled her into Twinkle, same kindergarten with B-Boy's. It burnt a huge hole in my sis' pocket, but for her daughter education's sake, she scarified.

I am happy now, for not causing a bleak future of my beloved niece.




No comments: